I'm a grown-up now...or just feel like one.

Married high school sweetheart. Check.
Have a mortgage. Check.
Have two kids. Check.
Traded in my SUV for a mini-van. Check.
Drive kids to and from soccer games/practice. Check.
Soccer Mom? Me. (see above). Check.
Social life = taking kids to more than one birthday party all in one day.Check.
I get called Mrs. Parks or Mam. Check.-- Who? What? When did this happen?
Turned 35. (Shh, don't tell anyone)Check.
Get yearly check-ups, i.e. my first mammogram tomorrow!! What? Me. I don't wanna.

So, tomorrow I get to check that one off, too. I am sooo scared and nervous. If you don't know there is a big time history of breast cancer in my family. So, this is it. From now on I will have to do this. I am a grown-up. Yay?

Comments

Anonymous said…
Not many months ago a happened upon one of my most favorite sites, www.tonywoodlief.com. Go read his Nov. 5 post titled Faith Waiting. My feet have been in his shoes as yours are now regarding the mamo. I have read a good deal of his archives. Some are so funny others sad but always a good read. I recently discovered he lost a daughter maybe 3 years old. I want to read his thoughts but haven't located them yet. Prayers are with you.
love ya,
judy