Tszujed it!

Urban Dictionary defines "tszuj":

tszuj

In the fashion world, it means to make something better, generally by tweaking or quirking it to better fit what it's supposed to do both functionally and artistically. It's become most popular due to its frequent use on the hit Bravo show Queer Eye for the Straight Guy, usually by their fashion guru Carson Kressly. It is very hard to pronounce, and even harder to spell, many times often misspelled 'jujj' or 'jooj'. Pronounced "zhuj", by the way.
Carson: "Just tszuj it a little, and you're set!"
I first heard this word when I obsessively watched Queer Eye for the Straight Guy each week back in the day. The Fab Five were so fun to watch. Kinda miss that show. Anyway. Carson Kressley used to "tszuj" and say "tszuj" all the time. I now love the word and say it all the time! Have passed it off to a few friends who also say the word now, too. Wink.
I have been doing a little tszujing here at home this week. I found some fabric to recover my dining room chairs. The ones I had before were so dirty and needed a little tweaking. Love them so much better now! Then I also added a letter P that I spray painted and put on a wreath that I already had. I think they all went from totally geek to totally chic.
Here are a few pics!
Chair before.

Chair after.

Added the P.

Comments