Pinning: Our New Homework Station

So, if you don't know already I am a major PINHEAD! I love the website pinterest.com. It is full of Ah-mazing ideas. Ones that I have pinned for later. And ones that I have actually made or tried to make. OMGosh, it is super fun. If you don't know what pinterest is then get over there stat and check it out! Brilliant site!

One of the projects that I created via an idea on pinterest is a "homework station" for my boys. I found that now with both of them in school and having homework, and due dates, and papers, and binders etc. They needed  a place to put "their" own stuff. So, I found a space in our study/office area and made a homework "command" station. It has worked out really well. I am pleased. I even added my own little touch. Here are the pics.

Here it is. AJ on the right. MP is on the left. 

They each have a bulletin board for posting important notes.
Each have file holders for homework, reading logs, and
other papers they use on a weekly/daily basis. The dry erase
board I found at Target with a red tag for $2. I use it to write notes they
need to see or reminders for each week.

I added the pencil holder on the side of each of their
file holders. That was my own little touch. ;) The
pencils are there and ready to go. No looking around for one.

It is a toothbrush holder. The kind you use for traveling.
I put a piece of velcro on it to make it stick to the folder file.


I love finding new way to use things that already have
a purpose. This is what Pinterest does. It motivates and inpsires
new ideas in your brain so then I can then pass along my ideas
on to others.  Thank you, Pinterest!


Joining Pinterest is by invitation only. :( If you need me to send you one. Just holla!! You too can be pinning in no time!!

Comments

Danielle said…
You are so clever. I LOVE it. Now I need to create one for my little guy.