Tomorrow

Well, this is it. My last post in my coke bottle glasses. I have worn glasses since the 3rd grade. I did wear contacts for several years. Then I got pregnant and was not able to wear them anymore. Part of me is sad. I feel like I am losing a part of myself. No longer can I ask Kevin what time it is because I am too lazy to put on my glasses in the morning. I won't be able to say, "Hey, Alex can you come help me find my glasses." Or I won't knock them off the night stand while I am reaching for them to put them on. Weird. It just has not hit me yet. I will be able to see. My eyes that for all these years have been impaired will be able to see clearly. Well. I will let you all know how it goes. I go under the laser at 7:15 am. And in a matter of minutes it will be done. Sight restored. Good as new. Until then...

Comments

Dana said…
Good luck - I so want to get lasik but I am chicken - let me know how it goes!

PS I love you in glasses!
Anonymous said…
Woo-hoo! Can't wait to hear how those first few minutes are for you. It was AMAZING for me!

The procedures themselves are a little freaky, but sooooo worth it!

You'll be a whole new woman -- not really, but kinda :o)